11.10.2011

Thankful I Be on This Day (or, "17 Months")

 I normally do my Thankful on a Thursday posts over on Facebook each week, but figured it wouldn't hurt to pull it out over here on the blog.

To those of y'all new to the idea, ToaT is all about focusing on the little things that make you grateful at that given point in time.  In my heart, I'm always super thankful for the big guns -- health, gainful employment, my family, freedom, the Tivo.  But as each week brings its little stresses and problems, it's nice to have a stop and smell the roses moment where I focus on much smaller things.  Usually those things tend to be food related, but I may be thankful for the funny kid who made me laugh on the train, or for Joshilyn Jackson novels (sidenote to my Mama -- read Backseat Saints if you haven't yet).  Here's this week's submission:

Thankful on a Thursday: for Honeycrisp apples, to my work for FINALLY ditching Lotus Notes for Gmail, for the prospect of wedding dancing/drinking after a long week, and to a little girl who's given me 17 months of the most fun I've ever had.

HD is 17 months old today.  She talks a blue streak, already using short sentences to ask questions ("where Daddy go?") or issue proclamations ("Mama read book").  She can count to 10, always skipping the number 7 for some unknown reason.  She's so social, always ambling up to other kids or babies to say hi.  Definitely tenacious, very inquisitive, and occasionally a drama queen.  Loves puppies, playing outside, running and hiding under blankets or make-shift forts, and coloring/painting.  Still prefers to be rocked and sung to before bed.  She's rough and tumble, with that awe-inspiring yet heart-stopping toddler sense of invincibility.  It probably sounds like I'm describing any old kid.  But my kid is fearless...except for vacuum cleaners.
HD's "say cheese" face.

Heavens, Mama, it is a bit early for the paparazzi.


She went from patient...
...to "GIMMEOUTNOWMAMAWHY?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment