4.20.2011

Vittles (or, "The Kid Eats Whatever")

Hubs was one of those kids who only ate chicken nuggets and pasta
with butter. On the other hand, I devoured "liver mush & eggs" (Daddy's specialty), garlic ANYTHING, and whatever was served at the Strange Seafood Festival my family attended. I am extremely pleased that HD has landed on my side of the foodie fence.

To set the scene, on weekdays Hubs and I eat on the couch while HD plays on the floor next to us (she has supper before Hubs is home from work most days). Her favorite activity as of late is to sidle over to me (managed by cruising alongside the coffee table for support).  She then bobs up and down, attempting to grab anything on my plate. I take this a my cue to then give her bites of my supper. HD loves baba ganooj, brown rice, chicken pie, cornbread, extra garlicky spaghetti, avocado, you name it. And yes to any worrywarts out there, we are very careful about restricting non pediatrician-approved items.

Part of me is supremely proud...the other part just wants to finish my damn meal in peace.

Here are some pics from the past two weeks. Apologies that they're sideways...when I post shots by blogging directly from my phone, that's the way they post. Tried several fixes, but to no avail. If anyone has suggestions on that, comment below (which i always love anyway) or email me!




3 comments:

  1. Love the pics, sideways or not!

    BTW, I googled your dilemma (I don't have an iPhone and usually don't post from my phone anyway) and found that there are photo editing apps out there for your iPhone -- this one is free. Anyway, you can edit it in your phone to however you want to rotate it, save it, then upload that one to blogger. Maybe that'll work in a pinch??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the info :) I'll definitely to look up the Droid's equivalent...

    ReplyDelete