4.10.2011

One Debonair Buccaneer (or, "A Love Letter")

Hubs.  My funny, virile, smart-as-a-whip, manly co-captain.

Ok, so HD is in the pic to up the cute factor.  But Hubs is pretty cute too.

As much as I love my alone time, nothing beats having a true partner in crime.  Here's an abbreviated list of what makes marriage so very worth it (at least, my marriage):

1.  The man very literally just walked into the study whilst I was typing just to give me a kiss.  Not to read over my shoulder or interrupt my "me" time.  Just in, smooch, then out to catch up on Survivor.  Sometimes the quick reminder of romance is exactly all I needed.

2.  No one indulges my love of bad horror movies like this man.  Our Saturday nights are seriously like Mystery Science Theater 3000.  Darlin' Hubs, thanks for letting me crow over Dead Alive.  Although I still maintain it was more enjoyable than your precious Thankskilling.  [Reader -- I would link to both of those movies, but for reals...lots of blood, guts, bad puns, and naughty language.  You'd probably question my sanity if you saw what I find to be funny.]

3.  I came home this week all aglow because I've decided to finally decorate our study in a decidedly feminine manner.  He patiently sat through 25 minutes of me showing him different decorating blogs and  Pottery Barn office organizing systems.  He even claimed to like the curtains I picked out.  Seriously, y'all -- that's love.

4.  Hubs is the best daddy in the world.  Dads have this amazing (enviable) ability to let their kids do things on their own.  Whereas this mama occasionally flutters about trying to help HD with any physical play, Hubs is urging her to use her push walker, do somersaults at Little Gym class, and explore the bottom stairs in our house.  He has mastered the fine line of proctoring her safety and allowing her to act as an individual.  I could really learn from him.

5.  Yeah, we used the traditional "for better or worse, in sickness and health" vows in our wedding.  Some people find them canned, stuffy, cliche.  But we said those words because that's exactly what we wanted to sign up for in creating a life together.  Some things are classic for a reason.  I meant (and still do mean) every word.

He knows the writing makes me happy. When he's taken a particularly cute video or photo, he specifically tells me he did it for the blog.  Behold, dear Reader, a parting sign of love for you from my Hubs:

3 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE HER SAYING BYE BYE!!! I can't wait until your visit! I invited one of my friends here for playtime activities with Harper! She has a little two year old that would love to join us. AH!!! i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all of this "cheese" doesn't cause people to stop following the blog :-). Thanks to my swashbuckling wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video!!! (And love the curtains!!)

    ReplyDelete