4.14.2011

'Tis Grateful I Be on the Each Week's Fifth Day (or, "Thankful on a Thursday")

There's a whole idea out there in the blogesphere that I've pillaged: Thankful on a Thursday.  I love the idea of taking a bit of time each week to publicly acknowledge the little things that I appreciate and even crave.  I'll interpret my "ToaT" as a short list of current things that give me the happies, since I'm constantly grateful for my family, health, having a job, and whatnot.  Obvi.  

I asked HD what she was thankful for today, and received this as her reply:
  



As you can see/hear, HD clearly states that she's thankful for Bobby and puppy.  I mean this in all sincerity -- the first mate truly couldn't have picked two finer things in life.  It's been a rough week.  And here are a few things that have helped it pass by for me:

1)  Dexter season 4 and the amazingness that is John Lithgow.  It's hard to believe the unspeakably frightening "Trinity Killer" is the same dude who I used to see walking his dogs on the beautiful UCLA campus back in my college days.  Netflix is the greatest source of escapism ever (aside from the library, naturally).

2)  The bottle of Cabernet Franc leftover from our wedding 2 years ago.  Hallelujah, praise Bacchus.  

3)  I am not a phone person, but occasionally I do have actual conversations with real live people.  Unexpected phone calls with old friends can be lifesavers.  Big smooch going out to the former Schwartzy.

4)  Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  Nothing like a hard, quick sweat-fest to work off some stress!  Who knew a mere 20 minutes could make one feel simultaneously exhausted and empowered?

5)  Slowly, Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth.  Every night, Hubs, HD, and I all pile onto our bed to read a few books before putting HD down in her room.  This is the current fave.  It's beautiful, funny, and contains tons of animals that Hubs and I actually saw on our honeymoon (Costa Rica, where I'd love to take HD some day).  Ah, memories.

Hope all is well out there for y'all, dear readers.  

3 comments:

  1. aw, thanks for the happy thoughts! that video is ADORABLE!! HD's getting so good at cruising, she'll be a walking talking little person in no time :) also ... the only time I saw Lithgow walking his dogs on campus I thought he was a homeless guy and crossed the quad to avoid him before I realized who it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I heard "bird bath" at the end there too, don't forget about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, D, thank you SO MUCH for posting videos and pictures of HD!!! She just literally made my (otherwise horrendous) week!! I really just wish we lived in CA so that we could see you guys more often. She is so freaking CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete