6.01.2011

Where the Parrots Fly (or, "A Much Needed Break")

A couple weekends back, we made like parrots and flew south.  Although I suppose parrots don't exactly ever need to migrate.  Anyway, we decided to brave Southwest Airlines with a near-toddler and head to our old hometown to visit some old buddies.

Highlights include:

  • Hanging with so many good friends.  Mad love going out to my girl Jasleen, Meghann and her daughter Kyleigh, my other Megan and Meaghan, Meredith, and Hubs's homeboys Clive and Paul.  I appreciate y'all taking the time to coo over our kid, and to give me real adult conversation as well :)
  • Visited the gorgeous Getty Villa in Malibu.  Schooled HD in ancient Roman and Greco art, architecture, and ways of living.  She's been speaking Latin ever since!
  • First experience in a pool.  The bebe didn't entirely freak out (no cries, just lots of clings), so we'll take that as a victory point.
  • I got to visit my former life's version of Cheers.   Reminisced on the days when, truly, everyone at Q's really did know my name (in my defense, I lived across the street).
  • The Border Grill is hilaaaaarious.
  • Visited the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH -- UCLA!  Hubs and I are both alum (although, we didn't meet until after each of us had graduated), so naturally we had to give HD a tour of her inevitable future.  8 CLAP!!!
  • Hand to God, that plaque says "We Will Valet Your Stroller."
  • Ate amazingly well.  Hats off to Border Grill's margaritas and the Godmother sandwich from Bay Cities Deli.  Also happy hour sushi, which is one of the things I missed most about LA.




Trying on laurel wreath props, getting our Roman comedy on.
HD, humoring our extreme Bruin exuberance (it's her FUTURE!).
Blue and gold look so very good on HD.


Finally, I think we'll make sure that every vacation includes a full length mirror:

1 comment:

  1. Love love love all the pictures and video!! I've been nostalgic of our UCLA days lately (since your hubs and I graduated 10 years ago on the 16th) and it was awesome to see you guys frolicking through the campus! Blue & Gold look good on ALL of you. =) And I love that HD is smiling goofily in the valet picture, like she's in on the joke! =)

    ReplyDelete