6.19.2011

Day of the Padre (or, "Not the Happiest Fathers' Day")

1.  I went to the East Bay yesterday for a birthday bbq.  For those of y'all not in the know...it means I travelled 40 miles from my home to a land filled with "golden hills," i.e. heaps and heaps of dead grasses.  There's a lot to like about that area (it's about 10-15 degrees warmer than my house so I love to visit), but there is a reason I rarely head that way.  The reason being that those damned grassy hills give me a monstrous allergy attack.  Long story short, Claritin didn't work, Benedryl/Neti pot/humidifier combo is not really helping, and apparently I brought some the evil grassy spores home with me...

2.  ...because today, Hubs totally woke up with similar allergy symptoms.  I still managed to pull together a homemade waffles breakfast in bed for his Father's Day (AND brownies -- just tooting my own horn), despite my drippy nose and puffy eyes (sexy, no?).  We also somehow managed to have a celebratory lunch at The Counter, do our grocery shopping, and blow bubbles with the kid outside.  But by 2pm we were both miserable.   Plus, Hubs magically contracted a fever, so I got kid duty the rest of the evening after quarantining him into the guest bedroom.

3.  HD felt great all day -- tons of energy.  So much in fact, that she decided she just flat out didn't need to go to sleep during her bedtime.  She stayed up in her room for close to an hour after her normal sleep time, NOT nodding off.  I used my best mama tricks to try to help her nod off, to no avail.  Because she just learned the word "nose," and had to keep pointing it out to me while I sang.  Although when your daughter touches your nose with the tip of her finger, says "nah" and laughs sleepily at her own awesomeness...?  You melt.

4.  I am currently blogging while running my online traffic school (barf) in another window online.  You know, so I can actually pass the minimum amount of time that I'm supposed to be learning about right-of-ways and divided road ways and whatnot.  Oh, and makers of Comedians Teach You Online?  You may want to live up to your hype and actually include some flipping JOKES to help make this a bit less painful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no, that's terrible!! I totally sympathize about allergies (as I've mentioned many times on my blog, haha), and I'm so sorry to hear that it's affected you both so badly. But much props to you for still pulling through with a wonderful Father's Day. Hope B feels better soon, and did he tell you I had a dream that HD was on Full House last night? Lol! Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you two are feeling much better today! sorry to hear the day was a bit of a bust, except for the wonderful play time with Harper. :) See you manana! Love!

    ReplyDelete