1.02.2012

The Longings of the Yuletide Season (or, "I Miss My OG Family")

This is the third Christmas season that I haven't spend with my parents and brother.  Granted, this is primarily due to my choice to not travel with a baby/toddler during one of the busiest travel seasons of the year.  Regardless, that doesn't mean that I don't miss them like crazy.  So this little random post is my little internet hug to them.

Daddy and Mama -- HD loves the gift you got her.  As we discussed on the phone, I believe that this is the most evil toy in existence.  My new year's resolution is to not accidentally-on-purpose break it.


Did you notice how this toy exerts it's wicked nature upon my kid?!  She's so lured by it's sinful sounds, she literally starts choking another baby!!

The newest thing we're trying to get HD to do is to learn a catch phrase for each member of our family. Let's give this a whirl:




To those who need a little help (since I am not going to attempt to input subtitles on the video), allow me to translate.  "Do what?" is a Southern expression meaning "Pardon me?  I didn't quite hear you/I wasn't paying attention to begin with."  That would be my father's (Pappy's) saying.  "Hey, y'all!" is a oft-used greeting in the South, meant to refer to both genders, not just "guys."  That would be my mother's (Mammy).  My brother is a rabid Raiders fan, hence his phrase.  And my sister-in-law's (Alice) family is French, which is why we went with "Bonjour!".  Also, we picked those phrases since they were pretty easy to teach HD.  That was actually prolly the trumping factor in choosing them.

HD says, "Bye, yaww!" (That would be "bye, y'all").



No comments:

Post a Comment